During the last Committee meeting the criteria for the London marathon club place was discussed and updated as it always is on an annual basis. So this is no reflection on anyone but we felt that we needed to make it fairer for more people who haven’t run it before to have a chance of gaining the club place.
The committee decided the criteria will be altered for 2018’s club draw so that anyone who has run the marathon using the club place in the previous 3 years cannot enter the draw.
The rest of the criteria remains the same though.
• Must produce a rejection letter from the general ballot entry
• Must be a fully paid up member before the ballot opened
• Must have represented the club at least six times in organized races by running in club colours during the last year. The year runs from the beginning of October to the end of September. Please list six races if you wish to enter the club ballot.
• Must not have been in a receipt of a club place in the previous three years
• The club secretary will register the place on behalf of the winner and they are responsible for paying for it. The place can be deferred if the winner becomes injured or unable to take part for any other reason but it cannot be transferred as it is not like a normal entry to any other race
• The lucky runner who receives the club place must wear the Skegness Coasters colours (vest or T-shirt) on race day as they will be representing the club